This is a great opportunity for a Control Systems Engineer who is interested in working for an expanding automotive engineering company involved in electric vehicle solutions. If you enjoy working within a multicultural and multi-skilled team of engineers then you will thrive in this environment.
The Vehicle Controls Team is responsible for developing vehicle-level control systems which allow the unique capabilities of the in wheel motor technology to be demonstrated and tested to maximum effect, both in internal and customer funded vehicle projects. This currently includes development of torque vectoring strategies, traction control and ABS, with full stability control and brake-by-wire integration planned for the future.
Control system development will start in simulation and final testing will take place in vehicles developed and built by the client. The role will involve occasional travel to global destinations (EU, US, CN primarily).
• Designing, implementing, verifying and validating vehicle level controls systems including traction control, ESP and advanced vehicle dynamics.
• Electric Vehicle System architecture design and project management.
• Defining and implementing software development processes, moving towards adoption of ISO26262 and associated documentation and validation needs.
• Specifying and undertaking software testing on HIL, dyno and on vehicle.
• Reporting and presenting of work progress and outcomes.
• Collaborating with others to plan, design, develop and test.
• Supporting in vehicle system integration.
• Analysing and resolving technical problems.
To apply for this position you should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Technical degree in software, electronics, controls or automotive engineering - further academic studies are welcomed.
• Relevant post-graduate qualifications
• Relevant industry experience
• Experience of CAN based communications and diagnostics
• Understanding of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles and challenges involved with their development
• Extensive experience of MATLAB/Simulink development environment
• Experience with vehicle dynamics and vehicle-level control systems design, implementation and calibration
• Fluent English speaker
This position would suit an Engineer who is able to produce and understand technical documentation; a can-do attitude with a proactive and open communication style. This is very much a hands-on role with changing priories, so you should be prepared to help out with a variety of tasks. Engineers who have worked for smaller organisations would work well in this company.