Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of fiber lasers for use in laser cutting, welding and marking applications in a wide range of industries. They are seeking a Control Electronics Engineer with FPGA and microcontrollers experience to join their electronics engineering team, to help support the design and development of the safety and control electronics solutions.
This would suit someone with approx 2 - 3 years experience.
You will be part of a small team working on various industry products including medical. The role is carrying out upfront compliance work / design, design for safety, systems development, EMC and DFM. Therefore, a real hands on broad role.
As a member of the electronics engineering team, this role will involve the design and development of control electronics, including safety and compliance solutions, used in the companies broad range of fiber laser products. The successful applicant will contribute to the control electronics team though the full engineering lifecycle from design and development to prototyping, verification and validation prior to certification work in preparation for transfer into full product release.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• As a key member of the electronics team, this role is responsible for the specification, design and development of control electronics solutions including:
• Design, simulation and testing
• Embedded firmware for microcontrollers and FPGA based control systems
• Product safety and compliance
• Definition and support of the verification and validation requirements of control electronics for new product developments
• Creation and maintenance of project documentation, including transfer of new products, test requirements and processes from Development to Manufacturing
• 2-3 years of experience as a design and development engineer in a hi-tech manufacturing environment
• Training and experience with FPGA and microcontrollers is essential for this role
• Ideally, additional experience in:
• Complex high speed control systems (MHz)
• Analogue, Digital and EMC design
• Industrial Communications protocols
• Industrial power electronics design and implementation
• Schematic capture and layout design using CADSTAR
• Strong Degree or Masters in Electronic Engineering
• Ability to manage a complicated portfolio of work packages methodically and efficiently and meet committed timescales
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and adaptable to changes in priorities
• Hands-on, creative approach to problem solving with the ability to translate engineering requests into cost effective and robust industrial solutions
• Strong customer focus
• Demonstrates perseverance and drive.
• Ability to understand and influence complex processes.
• Innovative and proactive self-starter.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration.