My client is a a global leader in lithium-ion battery R&D, to empower electric mobility by creating better batteries for a greener world.
As the “Discovery to Delivery” battery company, they are building a first-of-its-kind battery manufacturing facility in Slovakia integrating R&D, pilot line and full production of cells in one location supplying customers across Europe and a range of mobility sectors including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, aviation and off-highway.
We are looking for a Chief Commercial Officer, who will develop and implement commercial strategies, leading sales within the first and unique Battery R&D and Production Company in Europe.
Primarily responsibility for:
• Responsible for taking new cell technologies to market through team and personal sales strategies in Automotive & Aerospace Tier 1 OEMs
• Negotiation of commercial aspects including the volume of product, protection of IP and JVs that fit with the vision of the business
• Taking prospective customers from development loop / TRLs through to volume production
• Develop and implement European sales plans and forecasts with effective account management over different business needs
• Successful integration of sales with developed technologies for solid commercial strategies to develop current and future products
• Leading, delegating and driving activities across multi-function teams/programmes to drive benefits realisation
• Attend and present at conferences and industry events to maintain the knowledge position in emerging cell technologies
• Navigating local, national and international stakeholder complexity to secure major programme commercial outcomes
Active contribution to:
• culture of Innovation and organic growth for our external customers
• high performing, empowered and accountable culture across the organization
• 10+ years of experience of Int. Sales Leadership into OEMs/1st Tier Manufacturers in order to be able to negotiate commercial contracts at board level
• Sales experience within Technical Sales within Automotive/Aerospace/Power-gen industries
• Knowledge of battery systems architectures and battery management systems
• Good understanding of cell chemistries used in automotive applications
• Championing customer needs and experiecne across value chain
• Ability to build strong partnerships
• Ability to transmit „passion for product“
• Strong public speaking skills ( fluent English and Slovak)
• Direct leadership over a team with personal board-level sales
• Excellent ability for assessing business risks, opportunities and commercial negotiations
• Strong drive for innovation
• Ability to effectively communicate with off-takers regarding their requirements
• Strong planning, organising, coordinating and priority-setting skills
• Ability to apply logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
• Ability to deal with many dimensions in a complex systems.
• Ability to apply scientific approach to problem solving • Personal Integrity
• Respect to others
• Strong accountabiity and ownership
• Upbeat, positive attitude