Our client is a British OEM and is famous for building iconic motorcycles. Through bold design, purposeful engineering and a genuine passion for the ride, they create distinctive motorcycles and aim to make the best in the world.
Our client designs all of their motorcycles in Leicestershire and manufacture components and complete motorcycles in five factories globally.
A new opportunity has arisen for a CAD Systems Administrator to be based within the CAD Team You will work as part of the technical support team providing system support to the CAD/PLM Technical Support team and design teams.
You will be responsible for server and workstations system health, implementations, enhancements and support activities.
You will be working with a broad range of Design Engineers who use CAD/CAM/PLM to design and manage products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing front-line technical Support over telephone/web/face to face.
- Working with the Engineers to understand new requirements.
- Support or servers, systems, etc. and implementing new releases/updates of software.
- Supporting internal users with Windchill PLM system.
- To undertake and assist with projects as required by your Manager.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by your Manager.
You must hold a HND, or be degree educated or equivalent qualified with Maths and English GCSE grade C or above.
You'll be proficient in Microsoft Packages including Excel, Word and Outlook. A good working knowledge of Windows servers/workstation operating systems in both physical and virtual environments and a good understanding of Active directory including policies and profile.
- Previous experience of working within an automotive /manufacturing environment.
- Industry experienced with systems support in a CAD/CAM and PLM environment.
- Applicants with knowledge and/or experience of Creo Parametric (Pro E), Windchill (PDMLink), would be of interest.