CAD Design Engineer
|Job Title:||CAD Design Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Nick Gerrell|
|Job Published:||December 17, 2018 12:12|
CAD Designer - Solidworks
Joost Engines Ltd. has developed a novel super-lightweight engine with the power-density and simplicity of a 2-stroke, combined with the emissions, efficiency and reliability characteristics of a modern 4-stroke. Based upon its engine Joost plans to launch a power-series of portable marine outboards, which promise to be 1/3 the weight of the market incumbents. Following this the company will look to target other applications such as portable generators, UAVs and small motorcycles.
Working closely with the Chief Engineer to:
• Produce new component designs
• Develop and maintain the engine models
• Deliver the necessary engineering and manufacturing drawing outputs
• Maintain configuration of controlled engineering outputs
For the right candidate this role could present an opportunity to progress to more senior design engineer positions within the company.
Skills, Attributes, Experience & Qualifications
• Qualified in relevant technical field to minimum HNC or equivalent level.
• Highly competent with Siemens NX and preferably other CAD packages.
• CAD experience in relation to engine or engine component design, including metal castings, forgings and machined components, 3D printed/injection moulded plastics and multi-component engine assemblies.
• A self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and ambition to develop and progress to more senior positions within the company
• A clear communicator, confident to liaise with the Chief Engineer to resolve issues or suggest improvements.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
CAD Engineer - Body Structures
Mechanical Design Engineer
£40,000 - £50,000
Principal Powertrain Engineer
£55,000 - £70,000
Senior Engineer - Chassis Current Engineering
Contract or Perm roles avaialble
Senior Engineer - Vehicle Dynamics (3rd Party Projects)
Circa 40 - 50k plus bens