Our client is a British OEM and is famous for building iconic motorcycles. Through bold design, purposeful engineering and a genuine passion for the ride, they create distinctive motorcycles and aim to make the best in the world.
Our client designs all of their motorcycles in Leicestershire and manufacture components and complete motorcycles in five factories globally.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a CAD Applications Engineer to join the expanding Design team in Hinckley.
In this role you will work with Senior Design staff to define best practice and drive it’s adoption throughout the Design department. A passion for producing high quality CAD models in the most efficient manner is a must.
You will be an individual who gets satisfaction from solving problems, and thrives on helping others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing expert guidance and support to Engineers in the everyday use of PTC Creo.
- Investigating CAD issues and providing effective solutions to individuals, Design teams and the whole department
- Establishing and encouraging the use of best practice across the Design teams
- Identifying and documenting techniques to enhance the skillset of the end -users
- Identifying new approaches to improve processes within the department
- Developing and delivering training
- There is also the opportunity for overseas travel to support our Design team in Thailand.
- Experience of Windchill/PDMLink is desirable
- Knowledge of CAD system administration would be an advantage
You must hold Maths and English GCSE grade C or above and be educated to minimum HND Level.
Being an expert knowledge of PTC Creo Parametric is essential, including good troubleshooting skills. You will be proficient in Microsoft Packages including Excel, Word and Outlook