Business Operations Administrator / Manager
Circa £35,000 - £45,000
Coventry, West Midlands
Our Automotive client in Coventry is seeking a Business Operations Administrator from an Engineering company background ideally to join their small operations team being responsible for a wide range of duties including, HR, IT, H&S, Finance, Facilities, business grants / funding and being involved in leading / supporting new project initiates.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative growing R&D business and be part of their success. It is a role that requires a very good organiser within a operations team, doing lots of different tasks, some of which are larger than others and therefore, you will be managing processes not people.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities:
A great opportunity to join an exciting company with this key role supporting the Head of Operations and the wider UK Management team. The role will include a wide range of activities including:
• First point of contact for all operational aspects
• Become an integral member of the wider operations team including HR, IT, H&S and Finance,
and lead/support new project initiates as required from time to time, and in line with the company development and growth
• Support monthly/yearly business reporting activities in support of business operations and management (KPIs, Programme time reporting, climate/environmental impact, Financial, etc.)
• Facilities management activities for existing premises and support the management team in developing and delivering UK R&D engineering centre.
• Responsible for managing some specific operational budgets and support Head of Operations in the overall Operations’ budget control and management
• Manage Purchasing activities liaising closely with the Purchasing team and supplier management responsibilities
• Management and development of key business systems including Workday (HR platform), Expenses, Travel, Time reporting, etc.
• Depending on experience, an opportunity to support governmental grant applications as well as coordinate collaborative Research consortiums and projects
Ideally a University degree with a few years relevant experience however will be flexible for the right individual.
• Exceptional IT skills and advanced knowledge of base MS Office applications, in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Organised and methodical approach to work, able to review information and identify issues
• Ability to prioritise own workload, meet strict deadlines and cope with large volumes of work
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with good numeracy skills and a confidence to work with numbers and data
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration.