This is a permanent role based in Hampshire (although currently due to the circumstances will initially be home-based).
At the forefront of subsea innovation for the last 50 years, this company is an independent manufacturing business, employing almost 300 employees worldwide. The company offers interesting engineering challenges that require complex solutions and as such staff turnover is low due to the nature of the work and the way people are treated.
We are looking for a professional Business Development Manager who is a proactive self-starter & has the ability to juggle many priorities. Ideally, we are also looking for someone that has the following:
• A proven track record of working in the Marine Environment
• A good understanding of quite complex Technology who has the ability to translate this into layman’s terms
• Has experience of working with Agents and Resellers and who has also worked internationally
• Has experience of the product launch process.
In this role you’ll support the development of the Ocean Science global business through sustainable profitable growth in sales of instruments (particularly acoustic doppler profilers) and systems for MetOcean and environmental observing applications, with emphasis on sales through its agent and reseller network.
You’ll be travelling quite a bit, visiting regional sales office, agents and resellers as well as attending international conferences & exhibitions.
Specific Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent business experience.
- CMarSci/FIMarEST or equivalent
- >2Y experience in ocean science (or related industry) business development
- Well established international network of MetOcean and environmental observing contacts.
- Track record of successful working with agent and resellers across diverse geographies.
- Track record of developing and expanding an international agent and reseller network.
- Ability to work effectively across a portfolio of diverse opportunities simultaneously.
- Track record of delivering significant sales growth.
- Ability to develop technical understanding of target equipment portfolio (particularly ADCPs) to an enhanced sales level.
- Prior technical and/or operational experience with target equipment portfolio, particularly ADCPs.
- Ability to deliver a successful commercial campaign for a given new or existing product from either development stage (or to reinvigorate existing product), through launch and successful revenue generation including route to market modelling and product positioning in the market.
- Collaborative style with the confidence and integrity to earn customer and internal stakeholders’ confidence and respect.
- Car Allowance
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Life assurance
- Onsite free parking
- Discretionary company performance related pay scheme (annual)
- Working hours are 08:30-17:00, Flexitime & one hour for lunch