At the forefront of subsea innovation for the last 50 years, this company is an independent manufacturing business, employing almost 300 employees worldwide. The company offers interesting engineering challenges that require complex solutions and as such staff turnover is low due to the nature of the work and the way people are treated.
We are looking for a professional Business Development Manager who can achieve sustainable profitable growth across multiple markets in Marine Autonomous Systems and Vehicles, through successful strategic direction and investment opportunities, focussed business development efforts, co-ordinated worldwide direct sales and marketing activities, integrated engineering and commercial collaboration, and dedication to exceeding customer expectations.
In this role you spend approximately 40 days per annum away from the work base & during an initial period of agreed home working: 1 week per month/60 days per annum working at the head office in Hampshire.
Specific Knowledge & Skills Required:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent business experience.
• A comprehensive understanding of subsea technology for marine autonomous systems and unmanned surface & underwater vehicles
• Proven experience of developing commercial market perspectives and creation of business.
• Experience of defining and delivering outcomes of a Business Plan.
• Experience in successfully influencing across indirect resources and multi-disciplines to achieve Business Plan targets and objectives.
• Proven experience of applying business and commercial acumen to identify new business opportunities.
• Proven experience of technical business development.
• Proven experience of establishing and promoting a customer-orientated culture.
• Proven experience of building new, and maintaining existing, networks of effective business relationships within and external to the organisation.
• Experience of establishing personal and organisational level credibility and expertise at all business level
• Car Allowance
• Generous contributory pension scheme
• 25 days holiday
• Holiday purchase scheme
• Life assurance
• Onsite free parking
• Discretionary company performance related pay scheme (annual)
• Working hours are 08:30-17:00, Flexitime & one hour for lunch
*Offshore Training will be required