Business Development Manager - Germany
€66,000 - €75,000
About the business
They have two proving grounds where they specialise in vehicle and tyre testing in winter conditions. They offer extensive snow and ice tracks and the world’s first indoor winter test facilities, making testing on natural snow available twelve months of the year. The teams of engineers also test tyres in winter and summer conditions, and host corporate events.
This business is part of a wider group, best known for its test tracks where it performs repeatable tests in a safe and secure environment. They also has a range of test facilities for full vehicles, tyres and components.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for winning new and repeat business within the vehicle and tyre sectors, including the supply chain, protecting and growing existing revenue and safeguarding profit margins. You will be responsible for implementing the company's sales strategy meeting the demands of all stakeholders - customers, employees, suppliers, investors and government agencies.
- Report to and work closely with the Business Development Director who is based in UK and Sales and Marketing Manager based in Finland to: -
- Build a detailed understanding of the customer, markets and competitors
- Produce robust business plans to exceed sales and profit targets
- Work with prospective and existing customers to identify, extract and close business development opportunities
- Build coalitions across the business to support the delivery of sales targets
- Work closely with the Finland-based team to ensure the production of effective tender documentation for submission at your request
- Follow the tender through to completion through close liaison with the customer
- Ensure the customer relationship is developed to execute the project and maintain ongoing relations
- To become fully conversant with the company's CRM system and use as directed.
- To represent the business on specific industry focus groups as and when required.
- To work with the team to develop new revenue streams previously not employed
- HND / Degree in Engineering (preferred)
- Sales/business development experience within tyre and/or vehicle sector (preferred)
- Accomplished sales experience with a variety of large and small clients
- Building and maintaining customer relationships
- Analytical, using authority and judgement
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Excellent presentation skills
- High level communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Problem solving
- Knowledge of current technologies employed in the automotive sector with a keen desire to maintain and grow that knowledge
- Builds credibility quickly
- Ability to work under pressure
- Results orientated
- Self-motivated and driven
- Resourceful and self sufficient
- Flexibility to travel as and when required - Mainly Europe & Asia
- Driving license
- Flexibility to work unsociable hours