Our client is an advanced materials technology business specialising in the design, development and manufacture of metal matrix composite components for aerospace, high-end niche automotive, defence, industrial process and high-end consumer applications.
Due to the Company’s rapidly expanding customer base they are seeking a Technical Sales Engineer to help secure and service new commercial sales contracts.
You will hold at least 1 years' commercial experience in a technical sales role in one or more of the following sectors: automotive, aerospace, high-end consumer, defence, energy.
The role requires some knowledge and understanding of materials technology, but training will be provided to increase knowledge of Metal Matrix Composites and associated manufacturing processes.
Reporting to the Market Development Manger the successful candidate will focus on:
- Conducting & supporting market research to identify new commercial opportunities and gain feedback.
- Identifying and contacting new customers and negotiating contractual arrangements.
- Preparing and delivering sales presentations.
- Representing the Company at trade shows, exhibitions, conferences and seminars.
- Assist with preparing project proposals.
- Processing commercial enquires received via the website and other sources.
- Customer Relationship Management
The job function will generally be based at the Company’s offices in Basingstoke, but the successful applicant will be expected to visit clients’ premises as required, either in the UK or overseas.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing business with an emerging technology.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- University degree or Higher National Diploma ideally in an engineering discipline.
- Familiar with writing proposals, project plans and working to gateway management disciplines.
- Knowledge of composite materials and casting processes an advantage.