Working within a state-of-the-art Research and Development facility our client is developing sophisticated production technology to produce carbon/polymer products at rapidly increasing volumes.
You can be at the heart of developing and rolling out advanced 3D composite manufacturing technology. There is a great opportunity for an experienced Engineer to lead and manage a group of engineers and technicians building their advanced production lines.
The role is to lead the newly formed Build, Commission and Transfer to Production (BCF) group of multidiscipline engineers and technicians. Your team will be one of three teams reporting to the head of Industrialisation. You will also work closely with the Project Management Group to ensure you are delivering the resources and agreed milestones of your team to the various projects across the business.
You are expected to not only be a leader but spend substantial parts of your time involved in delivering the engineering work. Lead by your example. You will have a technical background in the build and commission of technically complex production lines, bringing your management expertise, engineering skills and hands on understanding together to build cutting edge production technology.
You will initially be managing an expanding team 3 engineers and technicians across mechanical, electrical and control specialists. You will also work closely with a range of suppliers and contractors.
You will be focused on enabling your team to work effectively, have a clear framework to work within and managing the team to deliver their various projects. You will be expert in how to manage the build and commissioning process from initial concept design reviews with the design teams through to fully transfer of a finished turnkey production process to our production teams both in the UK and abroad.
As the business expands you will be expected to both develop the QMS processes for your team to work within and manage the resources of your team, including leading the technical definition of further recruits, contractors and suppliers you require for your team to deliver.
Your team will be responsible for building all production processes and equipment including; build plans, equipment assembly & integration, commissioning trails and completion of acceptance testing, training of production and maintenance staff, full documentation and testing to standards. You will also manage suppliers building equipment externally as well as internally. You will also need to support our current production operations were they need high tier support or development of equipment or process changes.
• An Engineer that has progressed to managing others with a strong technical background and capability.
• A great problem solver with a positive, can do and motivational attitude.
• Background in the design for manufacture, build and commissioning of bespoke state of the art production machinery and processes.
• Excellent at co-ordinating and leading the builds of complex integrated production lines sourced from multiple suppliers and with a mix of internal and external design.
• Great technical management of both internal project teams/stakeholders and of external suppliers
• Expert in managing people across skill types and developing effective but flexible structures to deliver your teams work rapidly but at a high consistent quality across multiple concurrent projects
• Good monitoring and control of progress, budget and schedule
• Risk based approach to development of complex manufacturing systems
• Active on the shop floor level, happy to get involved in the work as well as managing others. Willing to get your hands dirty.
• Excellent ability to document your and the projects work
• Experience in large size, high precision, bespoke machinery
• Strong Engineering theoretical and practical background
• Thorough understanding across the disciplines of Mechanical, Software, Electrical and Quality control
• A graduate with a first class or upper second class degree in Mechanical / Production Engineering (or related subject) from a quality university or equivalent vocational experience.
• Experience in management of technical equipment builds
• Experience in composites.
• Experience of Rotating and high precision Machinery, pipe handling equipment etc.
• Looking for an exciting challenge in a rapidly expanding company
This is a great chance to work on truly innovative production technology in a rapidly expanding company that provides opportunity to progress your career as they expand.
• Bonus – up to 10%
• Company Pension Scheme
• Private Health Insurance for family
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Free parking