Our midlands based high performance electric vehicls client is currently recruiting for a Body Structures Project Engineer.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities:
Project Engineer – Body Structures
Reporting to the Principal Engineer Body Structures the Project Engineer will be responsible for playing a key role in the development of body structure systems vehicle programs.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for project management aspects of programme delivery & planning including system design, target setting, specification, DFMEA, development, verification & launch.
• Project management of body structure systems to meet required project milestones from concept engineering to launch
• Ensuring program targets are met for responsible systems for cost, mass, quality, timing and other attributes
• Collaboration with other function groups to drive feasible and cost-effective solutions whilst also pushing the boundaries on structural performance and technology
• Ownership of the technical specifications, DFMEAs, DVPs and other key technical documents as part of the new vehicle development process
• Supplier management
• You’ll have a minimum of 5 years relevant automotive experience, with a good exposure to Body Structures and/or HV systems.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of the requirement for the development of varied vehicle systems including vehicle structural performance
• Proven track record of delivering vehicle systems
• An understanding and passion for future and current Body Structure and/or HV vehicle technologies
• Understanding and experience in New Product Development life cycle
• Ability to work flexibly within the wider Body Structures team
• Excellent communication and co-ordination skills
• Experience in CAD (Catia V5) and Teamcenter would be beneficial but not essential
• Technical and personal credibility, working effectively with other functional teams
• Ability to prioritise workload & manage external inputs/requests
If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.