Body Structures Project Engineer
|Job Title:||Body Structures Project Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Jonathan Webb|
|Job Published:||December 07, 2020 16:17|
Our midlands based high performance electric vehicls client is currently recruiting for a Body Structures Project Engineer.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities:
Project Engineer – Body Structures
Reporting to the Principal Engineer Body Structures the Project Engineer will be responsible for playing a key role in the development of body structure systems vehicle programs.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for project management aspects of programme delivery & planning including system design, target setting, specification, DFMEA, development, verification & launch.
• Project management of body structure systems to meet required project milestones from concept engineering to launch
• Ensuring program targets are met for responsible systems for cost, mass, quality, timing and other attributes
• Collaboration with other function groups to drive feasible and cost-effective solutions whilst also pushing the boundaries on structural performance and technology
• Ownership of the technical specifications, DFMEAs, DVPs and other key technical documents as part of the new vehicle development process
• Supplier management
• You’ll have a minimum of 5 years relevant automotive experience, with a good exposure to Body Structures and/or HV systems.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of the requirement for the development of varied vehicle systems including vehicle structural performance
• Proven track record of delivering vehicle systems
• An understanding and passion for future and current Body Structure and/or HV vehicle technologies
• Understanding and experience in New Product Development life cycle
• Ability to work flexibly within the wider Body Structures team
• Excellent communication and co-ordination skills
• Experience in CAD (Catia V5) and Teamcenter would be beneficial but not essential
• Technical and personal credibility, working effectively with other functional teams
• Ability to prioritise workload & manage external inputs/requests
If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's