20 days ago
Salary / Rate:
I am currently recruiting for a Body Electronics Engineer for our Automotive OEM client; who are working on one of the most exciting EV projects in the industry.
We are looking to recruit a Body Electronics Engineer with experience of body & comfort systems at a systems or vehicle level. Applicants will require experience of Automotive Product Development systems and engineering & business release processes. Our client are actively recruiting now with a view to the successful candidate starting in January, 2021.
• Responsible for the overall delivery of the Body/Comfort systems from concept to production.
• Lead the technical discussions with suppliers, internal cross-functional teams and partner OEM
• Support and management of our partner OEM and Tier 1 suppliers for donor technology, new/modified designs, system calibration and validation
• Cross-function leadership and overall system integrator role between Electrical, Body, Exteriors, Interiors and Chassis Function Groups.
• Ensure parts are correctly packaged into the vehicle in conjunction with Vehicle Integration and CAD Design team
• Lead and co-ordinate system reviews, calibration and verification & validation activities throughout the development lifecycle
• Release responsible for Body/Comfort components on the Electrical BOM. Ensure that parts are correctly structured on the BOM and strive to achieve cost and weight targets and delivery timing to support vehicle build phases
• Issue management support, from problem identification through to introduction of final countermeasure using company issue management system
• Supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle
Key skills / experience;
• Demonstrable experience (7+ years) of Body/Comfort Systems at a systems or vehicle level. Experience of interior sensing an added advantage.
• Experience of Automotive product development systems (VPDS, FPDS, GPDS, NPDS etc)
• Experience of engineering and business release processes within the automotive sector.
• Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc.).
• Practical experience of vehicle electrical architectures based upon Ethernet, CAN, LIN and Flexray
• Practical experience of diagnostic software tools and Measurement and Calibration tools.
• Practical experience of using CAD packages (CATIA) or visualisation applications.