27 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Our world class Engineering client are seeking a Battery Cell Simulation Engineer to join their expanding team.
• Development and maintenance of battery modelling environments across Energy Storage research groups.
• Development of Electro-thermal battery model (including 1D and spatially resolved models) .
• Support downstream development and handover activities for implementation of models and algorithms into production software (e.g. State of Charge, State of Health, State of Function etc.).
• Support projects to develop multi-physics modelling activities to study the impact of battery ageing, thermal failure, mechanical failure on battery pack and system design.
• Support development of first principle electrochemical battery modelling activities
• Assist in developing the model characterisation process as well as streamlining and optimisation of data collection and analysis.
• Development of data analytics to understand how energy storage products are used by customers and feed back into design process.
• Management of data repositories.
• Experience in battery modelling
• Use of dedicated Battery modelling software environments (e.g. COMSOL)
• Experience in high-level software development
• Experience working in an industrial research environment
• Experience in thermal modelling
• Some experience in C# and python may be beneficial
• Higher Degree in Physical Science, Mathematics or Engineering
• Background in numerical and physics based modelling
• Experience in MATLAB
• •27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
• •Pension scheme
• •Performance related bonus
• •Private medical insurance
• •Life assurance
• •Sport centre
• •Free on-site parking