Senior Power Electronics Engineers
£50,000 - £60,000
Our high technology Fibre Lasers development and manufacturing client in Southampton, Hampshire are seeking x2 Power Electronics Engineers, one at Senior level and the other at engineer level.
Below is the JD for the Senior Power Electronics Engineer role.
As a senior member of the electronics engineering team, this role will involve the design and development of power electronics, including safety and compliance solutions, used in the companies broad range of fiber laser products. The successful applicant will contribute to the electronics team though the full engineering lifecycle from design and development to prototyping, verification and validation prior to certification work in preparation for transfer into full product release.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Responsible for the specification, design and development of power electronics, focusing on power amplifier, drive solutions and switch mode power supply solutions, including:
• High current/voltage laser diode driver design in the range of 150v, 100A
• DC/DC Power supply topologies capable of delivering 2kW+
• Analogue circuit design
• Design, simulation and testing
• Product safety and compliance
• Definition and support of the verification and validation requirements of power electronics for new product developments
• Creation and maintenance of project documentation, including transfer of new products, test requirements and processes from Development to Manufacturing
• Manufacturing line support
• 4+ years of experience as a design and development engineer
• Experience with high power industrial modules
• The applicant will have a solid understanding of the underlying theory of how a power amplifier functions in current mode
• The applicant should have a solid understanding of the underlying theory Switch Mode Power Supplies
• The applicant should have experience with schematic capture and PCB layout using Altium Designer or similar
• The applicant should have experience designing to general standards, such as EMC and LVD
• Any additional experience in the following would be beneficial:
• Experience with following standards: ISO 13849, IEC 61010, IEC 60825, IEC 60601
• Pld/PLe safety circuits in compliance with ISO 13849
• Strong Degree or Masters with a focus on power electronics
• Ability to manage a complicated portfolio of work packages methodically and efficiently and meet committed timescales
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and adaptable to changes in priorities
• Hands-on, creative approach to problem solving with the ability to translate engineering requests into cost effective and robust industrial solutions
• Strong customer focus
• Demonstrates perseverance and drive.
• Ability to understand and influence complex processes.
• Innovative and proactive self-starter.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV for our review and consideration.