Electrical Systems Engineer
£40-50k + Bonus + Benefits
The primary purpose of this role is to be a key member of the engineering team supporting the design and analysis of electrical parts, components, assemblies, subassemblies and systems, and the production of associated drawings and instructions to fit advanced eTurbo Systems.
• To work across NPD/I (New Product Development/Introduction), released products, applications and facilities.
• To develop the electrical design of product, application or equipment inclusive of wiring, busbars, component selection and their internal layout design.
• To perform and document calculations to demonstrate the electrical designs meet requirements.
• Support, define and carry out all required bench development/verification/validation testing to ensure achievement of all functional objectives and assure compliance to programme goals.
• To support, develop and perform product qualification testing including CE, UKCA, UL related (eg EMC & LVD) testing and assessment.
• To define, develop and maintain engineering documents such as system wiring diagrams, schematics, FMEA, safety hazards and risk assessments
• To be a key problem solver to resolve design or manufacturing issues on both existing products, applications, new developments and facilities.
• To support cost reduction and reliability improvements for pre-release or existing products.
• To support other functions such as project management and operations
• To review own and others work to ensure the quality, cost and designs are optimum.
KEY BACKGROUND, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Required: Degree or equivalent: Electrical Engineering or related, minimum 2.1 degree.
• Required: Multiple experiences with an emphasis on power conversion equipment.
• Required: Competence in performing design calculations for power distribution equipment and related electrical/controls requirements.
• Required: Excellent fault finding skills.
• Required: Good experience in commissioning electrical systems.
• Required: Good awareness of health and safety issues and strong adherence to safety policies.
• Desirable: Experience in CE Marking.
• Desirable: Experience using Solidworks Electrical, EPLAN or similar electrical CAD program.
• Desirable: experience with automation and control platforms, e.g. Programmable Logic Controllers, RTUs, industrial PCs, single-board computers, microcontrollers.
• Desirable: Ability to perform and/or oversee laboratory high power drives testing.
• Desirable to be certified to 18th edition wiring regulations.
• Good Company Pension Scheme & Life Assurance
• Bonus Scheme
• Health Insurance
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Employee Assistance Program
• Free parking on site
This company works a 4.5 day week
If you are interested then please send me your latest CV for review but if not, and you know someone that might be, then we pay a referral fee on successful introduction – see https://www.gerrellandhard.co.uk/your-career/referral-rewards