Honda Racing F1 are seeking a Process Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. This role will lead the build processes for high performance electrical components. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the Motorsport industry on the technology of the future, in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Responsible for developing all procedure documentation, including reviewing and monitoring process to determine the ways to improve.
- Analyse work flows within and across all the production stages to drive improvements in team
- output and performance
- Establish and control technicians activities associated with welding activities.
- Provide functional welding expertise on investigations, training, and process development.
- Provide expert advice and contribute to various operational quality and system activities.
- Assistance in process problem solving, internal non-conformance control, root cause analysis and investigation
- Conduct preventive and corrective actions by quality awareness activities and initiatives.
- Ensure a safe working environment and safe, environmentally sound processes. Work with H&S,
- Environment and Facilities Manager.
- Solve day to day workshop problems and resolve production stops in a timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Degree in Mechanical/Material Engineering, or equivalent qualification or experience
- Ideally experienced with process development and scale up from R&D through to functional manufacture.
- Demonstrable previous experience in setting up processes.
- Strong analytical skills, a methodical and structured approach and knowledge of manufacturing tools including statistical analytics, FMEA, control plans and the application of problem solving methods such as Root Cause Analysis techniques.
- Practical engineering background in welding (Laser or Ultrasonic).
- Practical experience of Lean / Six Sigma practices.
- HV Safety experience desirable
- Hands on approach in the manufacturing facility.
- Multi-Disciplinary experience working with Batteries.
- Previous experience gained in the Automotive, Aerospace on similar industry is desirable.