£Neg + Benefits
This is a challenging and exciting time for the automotive industry, and this business is rising to the challenge, with Quality a critical driver of their ability to deliver for their customers and to be a partner of choice.
In this position, you will provide quality engineering support for the Electrical Distribution Systems business on current and future vehicle programmes, driving the quality warranty for customer projects and providing status updates for both this business and the customer.
- Support current and future vehicle programmes, using preventative and reactive problem solving tools and techniques widely used and recognised in the automotive industry. Coordinate and lead resolution actions to implementation.
- Represent the UK quality function in current and future vehicle programmes both internally and at customer level and lead UK warranty meetings
- Provide structured and prioritised warranty data to internal customers (e.g. manufacturing plants, engineering, supplier development) and directly to the external customer. Track and report monthly total EDS warranty costs against the businesses liability.
- Analyse all relevant warranty data including customer claims based on dealer comments, customer selected market returns and other claims associated data to determine root cause of failure.
- Monitor warranty data to prevent repeat issues and maintain access to all relevant sources of warranty data from both customer and the business.
- Maintain strong communication links into the customer and internal teams, and manage stakeholders and their expectations through regular communications.
You’ll have a technical related degree or equivalent experience, and experience applying quality tools in a high volume manufacturing environment, where you have applied quality principles, concepts, theory, and practice (e.g. 6 Sigma, Lean, problem solving tools, FMEA, APQP). You will have practical experience applying statistical methods, including statistical process control and sampling techniques. You will be aware of the IATF-16949 standard and the requirements for compliance. You will thrive in a dynamic environment where you can really make a difference to the customer experience. Strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships and influence at all levels is vital in this role, as is the ability to manage and deliver projects.