Leading Artificial Intelligence firm specialises in mobile autonomy is seeking a proven a Vehicle Safety Driver / Vehicle Test Driver. They are the driving force behind many of the UK’s autonomous vehicle initiatives; bringing self-driving cars to the streets of some of the UK leading cities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s premier start-ups focusing on an amazing, fast moving area of technology. They are looking for someone who can come and make a contribution to the company, the culture, the science and our customers.
You will be an energetic and resourceful Vehicle Safety Driver / Vehicle Test Driver; you will act as Safety Driver to support the push towards running on-road and off-road. You will support ambitious field trials and data collection exercises in outdoor settings. This involves travel to test sites and industrial partners.
You will work to help integrate this leading-edge technology into customer products. Current projects include; developing and providing autonomous control system to various customers from OEMs to the UK Driverless car flagship programmes.
Ideal proven ability:
• Several years of driving experience, ideally as a professional driver (HGV, emergency services or Automotive prototype vehicle testing)
• Very high levels of concentration
• Excellent judgement of live road and traffic situations
• Good communication skills, it will be important to be able to feedback your thoughts to the software team.
• Flexible approach to work - when the vehicles are not running there will be opportunities to assist with other tasks
• Able to travel and support off-site trials
Desirable ability (not essential):
• Interest in robotics and computing
• Advanced driving qualifications
• Experience working with prototype test vehicles
• Experience of working as a vehicle technician (mechanical & electrical tasks)