Exciting opportunity for a proven Vehicle Controls Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for a proven technical lead and people manager to lead a team of hardware, software and systems engineers working together to deliver a new EV powertrain.
Your team will be based at brand new purpose built facility for this EV programme. The secluded rural location helps protect ideas and stay independently–minded. Prior experience delivering an EV powertrain is beneficial, however it is not essential. More important is your proven ability to lead a team of engineers in automotive powertrain control unit environment.
- Lead a team of hardware, software and systems engineers to carry out the day-to-day tasks required to engineer world class vehicle control unit product meeting the performance, quality, resource and timing constraints
- Work closely with the hardware, software and systems process team leaders to ensure alignment of deliverables, processes and people
- Identify and audit suitable partners to contribute to the development lifecycle including:- Requirements, Design, Development and Validation
- Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Experience in successfully managing a team of engineers towards challenging technical and safety requirements
- Experience of ISO 26262 and systems design and development including requirements management, systems decomposition, model based development, AUTOSAR integration and validation inc SIL, HIL etc
- Experience of Vehicle control unit functions including charging, torque delivery, thermal management and energy management
- Hardware and software development experience
- Experience of Systems Integration and calibration
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach, and work with a can-do attitude
- Ability to perform and organise methodical problem solving
Electric vehicle powertrain experience is beneficial but not essential