Motorsport & Automotive Consultancy has a new job opportunity for a Vehicle Engineering Lead to join the business on a permanent basis.
Responsible to undertake project management of a stand-alone mid-sized project or a subsidiary element of a main vehicle engineering and development program.
Further project management responsibility for the planning of the project activities, management of the manpower & facilities resources and achievement of deliverables to quality, timing and cost.
- Liaise with vehicle Chief Engineer Vehicle Development and departmental functional leaders to undertake the following activities:
- Plan DVP&R project work-scope.
- Understand vehicle attributes defined in customer Product Development Letter \ Vehicle Technical Specification and ensure DVP&R test regime is put in place to satisfy requirements.
- Plan and manage manpower resources & test facilities, define and allocate vehicle rigs, test bucks, finished prototype vehicles & spares required for vehicle development program.
- Liaise with vehicle prototype build engineer to ensure build plan supports development timing
- Scheduling of internal test facilities to enable test plan.
- Booking and management and of external test facilities (proving grounds, environmental chambers, test rigs).
- Management of vehicle homologation development activities in preparation for certification (in conjunction with subject matter expert)
- Liaise with Test engineers to ensure test results are provided to achieve vehicle target attributes, enabling engineering sign-off.
- Manage test and development facilities budget in conjunction with program manager.
- Manage development project timing to overall program plan; track progress \ changes and develop recovery plans when necessary.
You must hold full Vehicle Development experience to apply for this position and be eligible to live and work in the UK with no restrictions.