Vehicle Engineering Lead
Gerrell & Hard Ltd are proud to be working in partnership with a client who encourages employees to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. They are creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic.
They are currently seeking a new Vehicle Engineering Leader to join their Vehicle Engineering team. This role would suit a whole vehicle team leader / lead engineer with good concept to manufacture experience with interest in working on a new automotive project.
* Take ownership of key attributes and lead collaboration between the cross functional engineering teams to ensure integration of the vehicle systems to meet specifications, targets and project milestone deliverables.
* Be involved in development from concept to manufacture, defining benchmarking, assisting with specification and target setting and hard point definition.
* Manage resolution of technical conflicts and issues between engineering teams to agree trade-offs to best meet product level specifications.
* Liaise with the test team to plan and perform experimental validations, co-ordinate and define benchmarking requirements, comparing post-processed results with simulations.
* Support all packaging meetings, design reviews, vehicle integration meetings, safety meetings, virtual build events and other meetings to resolve vehicle issues as necessary
* Provide design advice and guidance to Design Managers, taking a lead role and responsibility for the area of vehicle integration.
Skills / Experience required
* A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
* Proven experience in Engineering / Integration in delivery of an end to end engineering/design program.
* Previous experience in attribute management within a production environment.
* Proven experience of delivering systems from a concept level.
* Confident leading meetings and ability to evaluate technical problems to ensure clear direction.
* Knowledge of power and control systems would be a benefit.
* Previous experience of prototype build and testing would be beneficial.
* A good working knowledge of MS Office
* A working knowledge of commercial CAD tools (preferably Siemens NX) would be beneficial
* Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information, both in writing and verbally.
* Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment
* *Self-starter - ability to work independently.
* Excellent team-working skills
On application please send an MS Word format version of your CV for our consideration.