Vehicle Development Coordinator
Our high performance electric vehicle client is recruiting a Vehicle Development Coordinator.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Principal Engineer – Vehicle Development, you will be responsible for vehicle planning including specifications, test timing, managing vehicle activity status and program status.
• Test vehicle planning: Specifying, tracking and reporting of all activities related to the development and validation of both vehicle and sub systems.
• Work closely with the function groups to ensure that vehicles are ordered and delivered to the required specification.
• Rigs and Spares planning with control of parts.
• Development and co-ordination of test plans, with consideration of engineering requirements.
• Involvement in vehicle testing activities, including diagnostics and data acquisition/analysis.
• Work closely with suppliers and test facilities to collate capabilities and involvement with bookings.
• Involvement in budget requirements and approvals for Attribute/Development Team.
• Raising and tracking purchase order requests through to issue.
• Be willing to share information and to collaborate with our internal and external customers.
• Logistics involvement for both vehicle and parts shipment globally, including creation and control of Carnets.
• Support continuous improvement projects as required.
• Represent the Vehicle Attribute / Development team in project meetings as required.
• Report back to the business on the status and progression of the development/test activities.
• Travel within the UK and Worldwide for development testing will be required.
• You will ideally have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant area with at least 3 years of industry experience.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to troubleshoot problems and advise on solutions.
• A creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to resolve issues and innovate where required.
• Good initiative, with the ability to manage own time and priorities.
• A flexible approach to work, with a desire to thrive in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
• Strong communication skills (written, verbal and aural), good collaboration skills, and the ability to work effectively across teams within the organisation.
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office tools.
• Desirable: knowledge and experience of industry proving grounds and test facilities.
• Desirable: experience in HV systems.
• Willingness to travel as required.