Leading high-tech engineering business is seeking a proven Unity VR Developer. My client has been developing innovative use-cases for VR across our globally distributed engineering businesses; improving the capabilities, quality and efficiency of design, development, manufacturing, training and sales/marketing teams as a result. This is a role that offers the successful applicant excellent exposure and visibility at a senior-level across the whole group. There may also be some work location flexibility.
You will be responsible for developing new (and improving/maintaining existing) Unity based VR applications, for use both internally within the business and externally at our customers/suppliers. This will involve all aspects of application development; from initial prototyping, through testing & developing them further, all the way through to providing finished applications for use across the business.
Ideal proven experience:
- Developing Unity applications for PC (full-time professional experience is required)
- Creating VR applications using Unity for the PC
- Unity skills – esp. C#, HDRP, Lighting, Textures, Physics, Animations and UI
Unity debugging and performance optimisation skills
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- VR Hardware knowledge/experience – particularly HTC Vive
- PiXYZ Studio/Plugin
- Photon Engine for Unity multi-user applications
- Unity Teams, Shader Graph and DOTS
- Point cloud and Photogrammetry data import for Unity VR experiences
- 3D CAD / Modelling experience
- Experience in creating AR/MR applications for tablet or HMD
- Android/iOS programming experience