Exciting start-up business with the financial backing of an Industrial brand is seeking a proven Thermofluid Systems – Project Engineer to join the business in the prototype development and application stage.
They are developing an innovative engine for heavy duty transport and power. The engines are capable of very low emission of pollutants that affect air quality and unprecedented fuel efficiency; with sustainable fuels, this technology provides a permanent solution for sectors that find electrification most challenging, while offering rapid pay-back and cost savings to the operator. Now fully funded, the company has accelerated its activities.
A small dedicated in-house technical expert team has been in place since 2017, developing know-how and IP in unique aspects of the engine. My client must now deliver a fast-paced program of prototype development and application, and this will be achieved by a mix of in-house teams and outsourcing to specialist engineering suppliers. This position will lead Thermofluid Systems aspects.
- Technical responsibility for recuperation, turbocharging, thermal insulation, cooling, component temperature control systems
- Application of off-the-shelf supplier solutions and, where required, developing novel approaches in-house or with suppliers
- Specification of requirements, architectures and delivery program
- Building supplier relationships and, when appropriate, an in-house team
- Selection of components and approaches, delivery of validated solutions
- Reporting of technical progress and risk
- Day to day management of suppliers and programme partners as appropriate
- Supporting the Technical Director and Chief Engineers to actively manage programme risk and forward planning of work and resource
- Hands-on and experienced (3yrs+) in Thermofluid Systems, demonstrating a successful track record in delivery of challenging and unusual solutions
- Fluent in engine and engine systems technology and engineering
- Has SME and / or start up experience and attracted by the unique challenges of a small business