Ambitious advanced engineering start-up developing an innovative engine is seeking an Analysis Engineer (1D / CFD).
You will join a small dedicated in-house technical expert team, developing know-how and IP in unique aspects of the engine. The ‘Mule’ engine has been commissioned, and is now in development.
To support this, first class 1-D and 3-D thermofluid tools are needed, to predict thermodynamics, gas dynamics, fuel/air interactions and combustion; all validated against Mule prototype and rig data. This position will support a major program of tool development and concept exploration, followed by the execution of a program to production
Location can be flexible. Significant time can be spent working remotely with limited time spent on-site in West Sussex.
- Definition, build and iteration of 1-d & 3-d CFD system simulation models
- Model validation from test data
- Defining and executing model optimisation tasks to support concepting and design
- Supplying modelling results to other parts of the design and analysis process
- Working with team and partners to develop technical solutions using the models
- Developing “how-to” expertise in the modelling topic
- Reporting of results of modelling; Model quality assurance and accuracy
- Engineering graduate with 1-3 years’ experience of internal combustion engine 1-d & CFD simulation Fluent in thermodynamics, engine and engine systems technology and engineering
- Experience of using GT-Power, WAVE and 3D CFD simulation is an advantage, experience of FEA also helpful but not essential