Thermal Climate Development Engineer
Our high performance electric vehicle client is seeking a Thermal Climate Development Engineer to join the business on a permanent basis.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Engineer Vehicle Development you will lead the Thermal / Climate System Calibration within the Vehicle Attributes team.
• Development and calibration of vehicle systems including
o Battery thermal management and strategy.
o Powertrain thermal management
o Climate systems including refrigeration system and cabin airflow.
• Run and support rig and vehicle testing for thermal and climate systems
• Work cross-functionally with Thermal, Climate, Software Function Groups and other groups within the group
• Vehicle fault analysis – use of diagnostic software toolsets to identify and resolve vehicle issues
• Support data acquisition systems installation, data analysis and distribution
• Issue management support from problem identification through to introduction of final countermeasure using company issue management system
• Preparation of reports and feedback to the technical and project management teams
• Travel within the UK and Worldwide for development testing will be required.
• You will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant area with at least 3 years of industry experience
• Good knowledge of vehicle thermal and climate systems
• Good understanding of vehicle electrical networks and systems (Ethernet, CAN, LIN and FlexRay)
• Experience with vehicle testing including data logging and processing
• Be familiar with OEM product development systems
• Good understanding of Software development and function design
• Flexible, enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated, able to work well under own initiative and remain focused under pressure.
• Excellent organising and planning skills
• Excellent communication and co-ordination skills - at ease working with a cross-functional team of engineers and suppliers.
• It would be beneficial to have experience with subjective vehicle assessment and evaluation.
• Full driving licence is essential
• No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union
If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.