Leading Artificial Intelligence firm specialising in mobile autonomy is seeking a proven a Test Vehicle / Prototype Vehicle Technician. They are the driving force behind many of the UK’s autonomous vehicle initiatives; bringing self-driving cars to the streets of UK cities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s premier start-ups focusing on an amazing, fast moving area of technology. They are looking for someone who can come and make a contribution to the company, the culture, the science and our customers.
You will be an energetic and resourceful Test Vehicle Technician; you will build, maintain and support on-test a wide range of platforms (cars, trucks, forklifts, buggies, pods and more). You will be at the leading edge of our test team, working with the vehicles on a daily basis at our workshops and during tests on private test grounds and public roads.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to;
• Working hands-on with our autonomous vehicles, they’ll soon become ‘your’ autonomous vehicles.
• Building/ converting and commissioning vehicles into robust autonomous test vehicles.
• Keeping the test fleet in optimum condition by performing safety checks and maintenance on test vehicles.
• Developing sensor hardware installations for test vehicles
• Preparing and supporting all aspects of test vehicles for tests, customer trials and demonstrations
• Perform the role of Safety Driver in test vehicles for development, trials and demonstrations
• Help to develop appropriate tests with test engineers for different stages of a vehicles’ development.
• To undertake site visits to customers and partners as part of the commissioning and testing of code
• To work closely with a team of engineers within the group whose mission is to provide a rock-solid foundation for testing and exploitation of our robotics science.
Ideal proven ability:
• Fully trained automotive mechanic
• Full driving licence
• Over two years of experience in field testing within; autonomous vehicle, automotive prototype test vehicle or motorsport domain.
• Experience of building and modifying vehicles
• Loves problem solving
• Excellent communication skills, it will be important to be able to communicate with people at all levels in our small, but growing business. Experience with automotive electrical systems including CAN systems. Experience supporting test vehicles at closed road test tracks