Opportunity to join a growing business and help develop, implement and maintain complex test systems running on state of the art production equipment. This is a varied role and would suit a problem solver who enjoys working with a variety of hardware and software systems. You will be collaborating with mechanical and electrical engineers, scientists, production staff, quality staff, external suppliers and test experts as well as the wider software team.
You will be putting together and delivering test systems with the sole purpose of collating high quality data, ready for processing and presenting to customers via dashboards. You will be responsible for a number of different hardware solutions such as lasers, image recognition and other QC test solutions you would expect to find on a modern production line. You will diving in and out of different code, working with a variety of instrumentation, configuring communication buses and data acquisition technologies, as well as working with SQL or other database systems.
Your challenge is to make sure the test equipment is reliable, easy to operate and tamper proof! As part of your remit you will need to produce WI and SOP documentation for the operators on the line. We are looking for someone who has attention to detail whilst being delivery focused.
We are looking for knowledge & experience of:
• A technical qualification – HNC/HND/Degree
• SQL or other database systems
• A variety of programming languages and environments
• Networking, Instrumentation & data retrieval
• Serial bus interfaces
• Exposure to a variety of test equipment in general
• Open communication style/collaborative
• A systems perspective rather than a detailed one
• Self confidence
This position would suit an Engineer who has a genuine interest in production ready QC. You will likely be data driven with experience of data collection and processing, via hardware & software driven test equipment.
• Pension - Up to 5% matched
• Westfiield Cover - Dentist / Eye tests etc
• 25 days holiday, can purchase more or sell back to company
• Hours - 37.5 per week
• 9-5.30, or 8-4.30, or 10-6pm
• Bonus - Individual & company – Up to 10%