4 months ago
Salary / Rate:
This company employ around 120 staff and it has the feel or an SME environment, yet they have the backing of a global corporate. The company is a world leader in design & manufacture of connectivity, motion control and power electronics products, servicing the aerospace, defence and industrial markets. T/O is in the £15-20m range.
In this role you'll be responsible managing the electronics test engineering capability within the Engineering function in order to provide test equipment and qualification support for development and production products.
We are looking for either an experienced Test Manager or Principal Test Engineer who can manage a team of Test Engineers, ATE Engineers, Product Testers, Product Support Engineers, Qualification Engineers & Wireman. You should be familiar with departmental project planning (including resource, timescale and budget) as well as test equipment strategy.
Developing and maintaining the test equipment capability for both new and existing products will also be part of your remit, as will product qualification by supporting the NPI process to plan and undertake product qualification & managing technical support for production test issues.
• Preferred previous experience and/or a good understanding of working within in a civil aerospace and defence-based environment.
• Previous knowledge and/or experience with Microsoft project.
• Experience working with complex or critical projects, such as; systems integration, electronic systems and productionisation
• Track record of successful delivery of test and development programs and system integration of software or electronic systems projects to defined cost, time-scale and budget;
• Degree in Engineering, or Science with subsequent Project Management qualification or similar experience.
• Team management responsibility including performance management and personnel development
• Company Pension Scheme & Life Assurance
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• 37.5 hour working week over 4.5 days