This is a really nice opportunity for a Test Manager to join a growing design and manufacturing company in the Portsmouth area. This company recently received major investment and have secured one of their biggest projects to date. They are now keen to recruit a Test Manager who can lead a team of 4 Test Engineers in a busy but professional engineering and manufacturing environment.
As Test Manager you’ll be responsible for all aspects of the test department. This will include things like:
• Management, development, training & motivating your test team
• Manage the delivery of short and long-term tests
• Lead the development and continuous improvement of testing methods & instrumentation systems
• Lead the specification, design and procurement of test equipment
• Strategic management of suppliers of test equipment and 3rd party test houses
• Assess the risks involved with test arrangements and specify the safety measures required.
We are looking for an organised, level headed person who has great communication skills. Being able to weigh up all the factors, delegate and make good decisions will be second nature to you.
To apply for this opportunity you should be able to demonstrate:
• Batchelor’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
• Relevant managerial experience of leading engineering teams
• Great communication skills
• Risk assessment/Safety approach
• Detailed knowledge and practical experience of mechanical test methodologies
• Knowledge of instrumentation – transducers, load cells, strain gauges, etc
• Practical knowledge of materials such as composites, carbon fibre, polymers or thermoplastics (desirable)
This opportunity would suit an experienced Engineering Manager who has a history of leading test teams. This is a young and dynamic company on the verge of serious growth.
• Bonus – up to 10%
• Company Pension Scheme
• Private Health Insurance for family
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Free parking