Our F1 client are seeking a Test Engineer to work on the development, design, and testing for a new facility.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in the Motorsport industry on the technology of the future in a fast paced, challenging environment.
Applicants will require previous experience of working with HV Batteries, and ideally have experience of Powertrain testing.
• Analyse test requirements, and design and execute tests.
• Develop test software and automate tests. Manage the development of test fixtures and test software, and integrate them into the manufacturing flow.
• Develop test plans, test techniques and test procedures to meet product program requirements
• Develop, update and maintain testing standards and procedures.
• Typical tests may include system testing, user acceptance testing, performance testing, technical architecture testing, security testing and test automation,
• Identify and resolve test equipment problems.
• Record problems and issues in accordance with the project's problem and issue plans.
• Provide basic level of Facility breakdown diagnostics and resolution.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Material Engineering or equivalent qualification or experience
• Previous experience of working with HV Batteries (preferably Automotive) essential.
• Previous experience of working with HV Battery testing (Durability and Abuse) essential.
• Previous experience of Powertrain testing (preferred).
• Ability to use data manipulation skills and data visualization techniques to convey test results to other engineers.
• Knowledge of MATLAB or other software to parse large datasets is beneficial.
• Experience in automotive high voltage battery systems and harness build and assembly.
• Experience in build, assembling and testing of prototype and production mechanical and electrical parts.
• Knowledge of production part approval procedures & processes.
• Knowledge in electrical, e-machines, HV batteries parts and systems integration, verification and validation processes.
• Understanding of engineering theory and principles of automotive energy storage systems.