A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Test Engineer with our Automotive client. This role will provide plant technical assistance for moulded components for internal and external customers. This will include the range of product related performance parameters (eg leakage, pressure, flow, thermal, forces, technical cleanliness and also vibration/NVH solutions).
• Provide technical engineering support as required for plant based activities including Quality analysis DoE. Maintain close liaison with Test, Validation and NVH Team – sharing best practice, new developments and technical advantage
• Assist the Quality team with reviewing customer test and material specifications, providing valued feedback to project teams.
• Support the Head of Quality in the overall development test and validation resource, overall budget and prioritising of workload; this requires close liaison with the Product engineers.
• Managing maintenance / repair and upgrading of test laboratory equipment as well as overseeing specification and purchase of new equipment as required to support plant requirements.
• Assist Product Engineers and Lab Technicians in organisation and production of test and validation fixtures; coordination and arrangement internally or with a third party.
• Develop and provide timely and comprehensive test reports as required.
• Assisting the Quality department with the writing and updating of test and validation work instructions and perform appropriate training as required.
Qualifications / Skills and Experience
• Mechanical/Materials/Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering Degree (desirable).
• Material/plastics/Engine Management recognised qualification or form of study in similar position.
• Direct experience in automotive component testing with OEMs and suppliers.
• Experience in manufacturing (processing and related equipment) or product engineering
• Understanding of measurement transducers / instrumentation systems related to basic physical properties.
• Experience of customer requirements OEM Engineering Specification Product and Material Standards.