Great time to join an expanding company developing some of the very latest technology used to support electric vehicles. This position requires a proactive engineer to specify and implement automated production tests of all the electronic assemblies used in the product. Electronic assemblies include digital, analogue and high power 3 phase inverters.
The role also involves setting the overall test strategy, including requirements and procedures to be generated and implemented for high volume production within company facilities and third party vendors, as required.
This role reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader and is based in the UK with an occasional requirement for national and international travel, primarily to China/Europe.
• Generate an overall Test Strategy for high volume production
• Develop test requirements and procedures for automated test systems to be developed and installed in the supply chain
• Manage internal test development
• Select and provide technical assistance and programme management of third party ATE development
• Manage data in relation to production yields and failures with Supplier Quality
• Ensure testing compliance to internal Quality Systems
• Work with design teams in the UK and effectively communicate with the Manufacturing Engineering team in China with regard to high volume testing
Relevant knowledge and experience required:
• Proven history of high volume automated electronics testing
• Excellent knowledge of Analogue, Digital and Power Electronics and functional testing
• Working knowledge of LabVIEW/TestStand or similar test automation software
• Track record working with suppliers, specifying, approving, developing and commissioning machines
• DFM and DFT analysis and feedback to design teams
• Integrating findings from FEA/DFMEA into test strategy
• Knowledge of Mechanical, Power Electronic and Software disciplines
• IT software, Windows, Office, MRP systems, internal software tools
• Read and interpret drawings and electronics and mechanical CAD data
• The ability to find and document failures and non-conformances and recommend solutions
• Understanding of Engineering Change Control
• Discretionary Bonus - up to 15%
• Life Assurance
• Pension Scheme
• Private Healthcare
• Share Options
• Learning & Development
• Relocation package
The client has a forward thinking, professional and open culture and are looking for likeminded individuals who can add value to the test development department.