Our lasers development and manufacturing client based in Southampton is seeking a new Test Development Engineer to join their Product Development team to support the design and development of the engineering test equipment. Full details below:
In this role you will own the design and development of next generation engineering test equipment which will be used for the development and verification of new laser products and their introduction into manufacturing.
You will have responsibility for the design, build, implementation and maintenance of a range of test equipment including their introduction into a manufacturing environment. You will ensure that products are tested according to ISO safety and compliance standards and that all product requirement specifications are met. This will include development of test process which target test consistency, accuracy, capability while ensuring suitability for integration into a medium/high production volume environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Work closely with production, electronics, optical and mechanical engineers to introduce new test equipment and test processes to the New Product build lines.
• Understanding of test software to support automated test, debugging and Verification & Validation.
• Build and commissioning of new test equipment, including documentation and training of engineers and technicians
• Maintenance and upgrade of existing test equipment.
• Transfer of equipment and test processes into manufacturing.
• Support production when a product fails test.
• Automated test equipment and process design and implementation.
• Development and maintenance of manufacturing test equipment.
• Machine safety and risk assessment.
• Electronic experience of circuits and wiring for data acquisition hardware.
• Data processing, analysis and presentation.
• Test process development.
• Data processing, data base query, processing and presentation.
• Excel, SQL and VBA skills.
• Knowledge of SPC/machine monitoring
• Industrial laser usage or test experience.
• Good standard HND or Degree in Electronic Engineering, Optoelectronics, Physics or related discipline. Equivalent experience will be taken into consideration.
The Candidate should:
• Be a strong team worker with good interpersonal skills
• Be diligent, focused and thorough, taking personal pride in their work and achievements
• Be able to demonstrate good initiative
• Be comfortable to integrate into multidisciplinary and cross functional teams
• Have a hands-on and/or creative approach to problem solving
• Be happy to work in a dynamic environment and be adaptable to changes in priorities
• Have a strong customer focus
Hours - 08:30 – 17:00
On application please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV for our review.