about 1 month ago
Salary / Rate:
£40,000 - £55,000
Our Motorcycle OEM client are seeking a Test & Validation Engineer to join their team for an initial 6 month, fixed term contract.
To allow for the introduction of new and exciting automotive technology across their range of motorcycles, and to optimize systems already in production, the Electrical & Electronic Systems department is looking to bring in talented, passionate, and driven test and validation engineers to join the Test & Validation team to support future and current model development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Specification and Development (with a supplier) of standardised scripts and reports for vSignalyser use in Mileage data analysis.
• Create and modify CANoe environments, and automated test scripts in VTestStudio.
• Execute automated black box tests and collate & analyse the results.
• Document and track issues found during testing and create periodic test reports to show progress.
• JIRA support- Raise bugs, deep dive into bugs raised, replication and data gathering to send to suppliers
• Work with suppliers to feedback on issues found during testing.
• Analysis of HIL test data and reports.
• CAN Data analysis (using CANOE and VSignalyser) investigation of all logged data in investigating first line issues reported into electrical team
• Bike level fault investigation and identification (use of vector tools, practical investigation and use of oscilloscopes etc)
• To undertake and assist with projects as required by your Manager.
Qualifications and Attainments;
• BEng in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent relevant subject.
• ISTQB (Preferably Automotive Software Tester).
• Proficient in Systems test and validation.
• Detailed Knowledge of CAN communication and familiarity with tools such as CANalyser / CANoe / vSignalyzer / vTESTStudio (or similar).
• Proficient in script and/or Software development e.g. C, CAPL, Python, Perl (or similar)
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Manual / Automated Test case generation.
• Proficient in Microsoft packages including Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Experience with defect resolution tools (e.g. JIRA).
• Previous experience of working within an automotive environment.
• Detailed Knowledge of Vector vSignalyzer.
• Experience with PREEvision.
• Experience with dSPACE tools.
• Experience in closed loop testing.
• Familiar with plant modelling concepts using Matlab/Simulink.