Test and Validation Engineer
Permanent - Midlands
Key Objectives & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Principal Engineer Validation you will create, develop, optimize and manage vehicle
component and sub-system validation plans. You will be the technical resource for our internal
customer test specifications and methods. You will be responsible for executing tests, gathering
data and reporting on results and program status.
• Development of Validation plans in accordance with function group and certification
• Research and benchmark component and sub-system validation tests that do not currently
exist in the portfolio but are necessary for target vehicle performance.
• Create validation procedures.
• Program coordination of test plans, including samples, fixtures, schedules, signoffs, witnessing
tests, and sample reviews.
• Be a technical resource for our internal and external customers.
• Prepare, publish and issue engineering reports ensuring DVP for system sign off is complete.
• Consistent use of validation process protocols such as Issue management and reporting,
Specification Updating Process, budget approval and monitoring.
• Key contact person between Function groups and internal / external test providers.
• Support internal and/or external customer meetings and reviews as required.
• Provide clear instruction on how the validation should be performed on the components and
• Ability to recommend appropriate test sample sizes in accordance with test requirements.
• Review of data and reporting of all results.
• Support function groups on pre/post-test sample reviews as required. Conduct assessment,
recommendations, and/or analysis of results to resolve product non-conformances.
• Support test method development and/or continuous improvement projects as required.
• You will ideally have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant area with at least 3 years
of industry experience.
• Ability to apply fundamental engineering principles to the analysis and interpretation of test
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to troubleshoot and advise on
solutions using standard risk management tools.
• A creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to practically resolve issues and
innovate where required.
• Good initiative, with the ability to manage own time and priorities.
• A flexible approach to work, with a desire to thrive in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
• Strong communication skills (written, verbal and aural), good collaboration skills, and the
ability to work effectively across teams within the organisation.
• Proficiency in a CAD package, Catia and Vis mockup preferred.
• Willingness to travel as required.