` I am currently seeking a Test and Development Methods Engineer for our Fuels and Lubricants client based in Oxfordshire.
This role sits in the Product Innovation and Engineering Department. The group deliver high quality and innovative test solutions, engine technology insight, and product performance testing services to the Product Innovation and Product Development departments, and influences industry specifications via membership of industry bodies.
We are seeking applications from candidates who have a BEng or BSc in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering, have sound fundamental knowledge of ICE and experience in base engine or lubricant testing methodology.
Test Process Development:
• Generate innovative solutions for lubricant testing
• Lead root cause analysis of test failures / unexpected results
• Support delivery of new test development projects on time and on budget
• Under guidance of the Senior Engineer, develop test methods with proven repeatability and discrimination in conjunction with outsource partners
• Contribute to the advancement of test methodologies for rapid product development and advantage demonstration technologies
What we are looking for:
• BEng/BSc Mechanical or Automotive Engineering, Tribology or similar discipline, minimum 2:2, with some mechanical/automotive development experience in similar roles
• Experience of base engine or lubricant test methodology or development engineering in friction, wear, durability areas, including an understanding of the benefits and limitations of different tools
• Deep analytical and root cause analysis skills with the ability to define a protocol to reach a mechanistic understanding
• Good knowledge of ICE fundamentals, engine systems and interactions with environment and clear understanding of lubricant circuit and lubrication regimes
• Proven ability to draw product-level conclusions from data and articulate concise conclusions to Team Lead
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate complex topics in simple terms in front of customers and translate engineering effectively to chemists
• Awareness of / exposure to engineering services outsourcing with a basic understanding of contractual relationships