about 2 months ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Our client are a nationally recognised independent research, development, test and certification house within the advanced automotive and power systems engineering sectors. They support businesses and organisations to develop the next generation of low carbon technologies.
We are currently seeking x2 Test Engineers to join them on a permanent basis. Based in Aberdare, you will be expected to support the delivery of significant levels of commercial programmes and knowledge transfer activities to a number of leading organisations, businesses and sectors on a local, national and international level. The successful candidate must have experience of leading elements of such technical programmes of work, especially in relation to the development of new energy storage solutions for the stationary and automotive sector, with a focus on battery technologies. They should also be willing to support wider academic duties such as PhD student supervision.
This is a full time, permanent position and the working pattern is Thursday to Monday. They offer a range of benefits including 35 days annual leave, flexible working, parental leave and childcare facilities.
• Lead elements of technical development and deployment of commercial projects as well as assisting in the running of such programmes from a technical specialist point of view
• Contribute to the process of obtaining significant levels of commercial income
• Deliver technical contributions and in doing so improve the Centre, faculty and Universities reputation for leading commercial activities within these areas
• Contribute to the development and sustaining of a strategy to ensure appropriate commercial technical workstreams are delivered to ensure a sustainable growth in line with the Fraunhofer model
• Actively contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of health and safety procedures for projects, activities, and specialist equipment in order to maintain a set of robust processes for maintaining of bespoke health and safety requirements related to the Centre’s activities.
• Represent the Centre internally at technical meetings where required
• Contribute to the general induction of all staff associated with the Centre
Key skills / qualifications;
• Experience in the technical delivery of commercial tests and development of electric vehicle battery or HV drive systems
• Experience with the test / development of new energy storage products, or hybrid / electrical drive systems, including electrical, mechanical development
• Experience with delivery of test data analysis and presenting technical reports for commercial projects
• Practical test experience with electronic, electrical, mechanical and software skills & abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication abilities to present complex technical reports
• Demonstrable ability to present to and communicate with a broad range of stakeholders
• Experience of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders, with a proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
• Good knowledge of low carbon automotive technologies as related to the test and development environment
• Knowledge of energy storage technologies, including lithium batteries, their integration in high power applications and associated battery management systems
• Understanding / knowledge of the development of energy storage as it relates to automotive products and the testing requirements
• Degree level / Higher level degree qualification in engineering / automotive related discipline and / or energy systems engineering