A fantastic opportunity has become with our Automotive client for a Technical Lead - Electric Powertrain.
This a great chance to shape and develop a growing team and their facilities in the area of Hybrid Powertrain and electrification.
Applicants will need to be very technically adept in this area, but you will also require a commercial edge to your skill set as you will be representing the business at technical conferences and customer meetings. A clear path for career progression is available in this role, so if you are looking for that important next step this could be your opportunity. Our client offer excellent opportunities for growth and development, tailored specifically for you. This is ensured through regular meetings focused on feedback and a diverse training program.
- To develop and maintain a level of expertise within powertrain electrification.
- To plan skills and facility requirements required to support the business needs.
- To assist in the recruitment of suitable candidates required to fill any skill gaps identified.
- To support the business development and sales process relating to powertrain electrification.
- Define project work scope, deliverables and project timing.
- To plan and supervise engineering projects.
- To work together with analysis, design, development and calibration engineers.
- To analyse test results, prepare technical reports and create test plans.
- To support the design of parts for development testing.
- To liaise with program suppliers, internal and external.
- A Degree in Engineering (Mechatronics, Electrical or Electronic Engineering preferred).
- Previous experience in relevant automotive role.
- Professional qualifications as appropriate.
- Sound numeracy skills and good knowledge of automotive electrification.
- Good computer literacy.
- An experienced user of MS software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
- Able to lead and motivate a team of engineers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Presentation skills in both a business development capacity and as a means of providing project status customers.