Team Leader - Test and Validation (Electrical)
A great opportunity for the role of Team Leader – Test & Validation has arisen within the Electrical Electronic Systems Team in the UK’s largest motorcycle manufacturer and a global leading heritage brand. Reporting to the Chief Engineer - Electrical Electronic Systems, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and enforcing process, managing a team of engineers and ensuring full test and validation of electrical & embedded electronic components.
As a Team Leader you will have overall responsibility for the test and validation of third-party components, internally developed model-based control software and system testing to meet our ambitious New Technology Roadmap and New Model Introduction Program. You will work closely with other teams in the Company to ensure all stakeholder needs are met. You will have a sound understanding of developing complete test suites from systems / component requirements specifications. You will disseminate current best test and validation practice, be the technical authority for MIL/SIL/HIL test and validation functions and develop our more junior engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the Test and Validation team in testing of electronic systems and components across Suspension control, Chassis control, Lighting, Instruments, Connectivity, Keyless systems, ARAS systems, Electrified Powertrain etc).
• Deliver test programmes covering a combination of automated and manual test on HIL rig (Vector VT System / dSPACE).
• Lead team to create test specifications / test cases in PREEVision and automated test cases in vTESTstudio and automation desk.
• Review and approve test specifications and test cases.
• Disseminate specialist technical knowledge including automotive test best practice, emerging technological advances and MIL/SIL/HIL implementations into appropriate working groups / departments.
• Review / approve procedures, technical reports, specifications and drawings etc.
• Generate, review, improve, guide and approve design decision sheets and procedures.
• Technical authority for Test and Validation.
• Team budget, tools, rigs, outsourced studies etc.
• Identify and resolve test programme risks at component level.
• Provide regular KPI reports to senior management and project management.
• Manage day to day tasks of a team of engineers, complete development appraisals for the team and manage holiday / personnel related tasks.
• Predictive resource planning for team and prioritise team tasks.
• Manage team development and close skills gaps.
• Continuous improvement to advance design procedures, best practice, efficiency improvements, test structure etc.
• Work with existing worldwide suppliers to ensure timely testing of new components.
• Regular liaison with product planning, project managers, manufacturing departments, quality, compliance and chassis / powertrain / ECS/ EDS / FuSa teams.
• Deputise for Chief Engineer as required.
• Manage offshore test capability and provide direction for testing needs.
• Work closely with offshore Lead Engineer to deliver test programmes in accordance with NMIP and in-service support needs.
• To undertake and assist with projects as required by your Manager.
• Any other ad-hoc duties as required by your Manager.
To succeed in this role, you will have an Electrical / Electronic Engineering Degree or equivalent and proven relevant experience. Ideally you will be knowledgeable in validation for safety critical applications and have previous experience of working within a dynamic automotive, manufacturing or industrial environment.
A variety of competitive benefits, including an enhanced holiday scheme, employee benefits platform and a favourable life assurance scheme. Motorcycle, clothing and accessories are available to purchase at a heavily discounted rate. An iconic place to work; join us for the ride!
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration.