Motorcycle OEM located near Leicester has a new urgent Contract requirement for a Systems Test & Validation Engineer to join the business on a 6 month contract.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Identify effective test strategies for a given component/system and create test plans accordingly.
• Run manual and automated black box tests and collate & analyse the results.
• Document and track issues found during testing and create periodic test reports to show progress.
• Analyse existing / create new Functional specifications and other systems related documents to a high standard.
• Work with suppliers to feedback issues found during testing.
• Conduct whole bike practical tests according to standard test procedures.
• ‘End Of Line’ configuration, database control/management/creation as required.
• Rolling out of software updates to bikes and configuration tracking.
Essential skill requirements:
• Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field; or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
• At least 1-2 years of relevant experience in either development or test automation roles.
• Experience in creating software test plans and defining manual and automated black box test cases.
• Strong communication and technical reporting skills, including the ability to communicate with overseas suppliers.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills from both a hardware and software point of view.
• Proficiency in C or C++.
• Excellent team working skills and the ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
• Excellent attention to detail, combined with a passion for testing systems thoroughly and suggesting improvements.
• An inquisitive and creative mind, to allow the exploration of unusual test scenarios which are beyond what is expected of the system / users.
Desirable skill requirements:
• Experience with CAN communication and familiarity with CANalyser / CANoe or a similar software package.
• Strong scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Perl, Shell).
• Previous experience in an automotive testing environment.