Motorcycle OEM located in Hinckley has a new urgent Contract requirement for a Systems Test & Validation Engineer to join the business on a 6 month contract.
There is flexibility to work a 4 day week.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identify effective test strategies for a given component/system and create test plans accordingly.
- Run manual and automated black box tests and collate & analyse the results.
- Maintain detailed ‘bug lists’, document issues found during testing and create periodic test reports to show progress.
- Analyse existing / Create new Functional specifications and other systems related documents to a high standard.
- Work with suppliers to feedback issues found during testing.
- Conduct whole bike practical tests according to standard test procedures.
- ‘End Of Line’ configuration, database control/management/creation as required.
- Rolling out of software updates to bikes and issue tracking.
Essential skill requirements:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field; or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Must have experience in either development or test automation roles.
- Experience in creating software test plans and defining manual and automated black box test cases.
- Strong communication and technical reporting skills, including the ability to communicate with overseas suppliers.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills from both a hardware and software point of view.
- Proficiency in C or C++.
- Excellent team working skills and the ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail, combined with a passion for testing systems thoroughly and suggesting improvements.
- An inquisitive and creative mind, to allow the exploration of unusual test scenarios which are beyond what is expected of the system / users.
Desirable skill requirements:
- Experience with CAN communication and familiarity with CANalyser / CANoe or a similar software package.
- Strong scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Perl, Shell).
- Previous experience in an automotive testing environment.