Great time to join an expanding company developing some of the very latest technology used to support electric vehicles. This position requires an Engineer with knowledge and experience of writing requirements, as well as some analytical modelling or mathematical modelling skills.
This position would suit someone with hardware or software experience that has moved into systems engineering. You’ll need to be fluent in English because of the level of communication required, facilitating requirements is a very important aspect of this job.
This role reports to the Systems Engineering Manager and is based in the UK with an occasional requirement for national and international travel, primarily to China/Europe.
The primary aspect of this role is the development of the Functional and Technical Safety Concept for in-wheel motors. This work focuses on modelling of the system design using Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) techniques, leading architecture trade-offs, defining/managing interface definitions, the development of hardware/software requirements and devising/monitoring verification campaigns.
- Requirements analysis
- Functional analysis and development of system, hardware and software requirements
- Requirements baseline management, traceability and verification
- Execution/coordination of analyses to confirm compliance to requirements
- Production of relevant safety work products including specifications and reports
- Support inductive and deductive Safety Analyses (including FMEA, FTA and DFA)
- Work with other engineering disciplines to develop robust technical solutions and
- Maintain Architecture definitions and trade-off analysis
- Analyse test results, support change management and provide dispositions on noncompliance
- Contribute to risk assessment and contribute ideas to improve schedule and/or reduce cost
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
- We would expect a good engineering degree, or alternatively a degree in maths, physics or systems engineering (a 2.1 in maths, physics or systems engineering would be good)
- Proven experience of systems design for embedded systems in industries such as Automotive, Aerospace, industrial control or Communications
- Familiarity with ISO 26262, IEC 61508, DO-178B or similar safety standards
- Deriving, analysing and managing requirements
- Defining and developing systems architectures and performing trade-offs
- Able to work as part of a multi-function team
- Successfully presents technical information
- Experience of SysML and Model Based Systems Engineering methodologies
- Familiarity with Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect, IBM Rhapsody or similar UML/SysML tool
- Familiarity with APIS and Isograph Reliability Workbench FT+
- Knowledge of Matlab and Simulink
- System verification and testing experience
- Experience of hardware and software development for safety related systems
- Familiarity with Automotive SPICE or similar process model
- Experience of electric motors and the associated control systems
- Automotive OEM/Tier 1 experience
- Experience working with high power electric and hybrid powertrains
The client has a forward thinking, professional and open culture and are looking for likeminded individuals who can add value to the systems department.