4 months ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive salary dependent on experience along with annual profit related bonus, pension and life cover
Sector: Engineering, Electrical, Automation, Robotics, Maintenance
Due to growth, an opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and experienced Electrical Engineer to join a UK market leader in the manufacture of bespoke Robotic Welding and Handling Systems. Based in Southampton, Hampshire the successful System Build Engineer will earn a highly competitive salary plus overtime and benefits. Please note that this role requires some travel to customer sites for installations and support and the successful applicant should be prepared to stay away overnight on average 2-3 nights per month (pool car provided), and be prepared to work overtime when required.
As a System Build Engineer you will have a varied and multi-skilled role within the System Build Team building, installing and supporting our Robotic Automation Systems.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Electrical Control Panel Build
• Wiring of Robotic Automation Systems
• Mechanical Assembly of Robot Systems and Mechanical Fitting of peripheral devices
• Wiring and Piping of Welding Fixtures
• Fault Finding and Routine Servicing of Robotic Systems
• With an opportunity to learn Robot Programming, Robot Set-up and Commissioning skills
The successful System Build Engineer will possess the following key skills and attributes:
• A sound Electrical Engineering background including knowledge of electrical control systems, along with experience of electrical build and fault finding on industrial equipment
• Some mechanical fitting and assembly skills
• 5 GCSE’s grades A-C (or equivalent) along with a relevant engineering apprenticeship as a minimum but a higher level qualification would be a distinct advantage.
• You will be self-motivated, flexible and resourceful with a keen desire to progress your career