Our Automotive EV client are looking to recruit a Sustainability And Materials Engineer to join their Body Structures team.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer & Principal Engineer, Body Structures, you will play a key role in current products and future product development of body structure systems.
You will need to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as the ability to build effective working relationships across multiple disciples is paramount. Attitude is everything with this business, they are always pushing boundaries and you will need a can-do approach and an open mind to endless possibilities.
• Form the link between LCA team and R&D teams for both current and future products.
• Produce component and subsystem level sustainability and carbon footprint assessments to support the LCA team and assist the design team’s decision making.
• Carry out investigations on sustainable materials in relation to body structure technologies.
• Work with the LCA team to investigate green material production in the supply chain and understand its application in engineering.
• Produce material property reference data for DVP and analysis correlation.
• Engage research institutes and understand future sustainable material production
• Engage in funding discussions for zero and low carbon materials
• Planning part and subsystem DVP activity driven by DFMEA and low carbon futures.
• You’ll have a minimum of 5 years relevant automotive experience, with a good exposure to Body Structures and/or HV systems.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of DFMEA and DVP planning in relation to structural performance.
• Detailed knowledge of life cycle assessment.
• Detailed knowledge of sustainable material production.
• An understanding and passion for future and current Body Structure and/or HV vehicle technologies
• Understanding and experience in New Product Development life cycle
• Ability to work flexibly within the wider Body Structures team