We are seeking to recruit a Support Technician to expand its specialist technical support team. You will be part of the pulsed power team supporting the electro-magnetic launch experiments, working with our existing world class facilities and developing new ones.
We are looking for a highly motivated person with strong electrical and mechanical experience who can assemble, strip down and re-assemble sophisticated experimental equipment. Specialist training will be provided for you.
Ideal proven ability:
• The ability to build complex assemblies accurately
• Working to tight tolerances
• Ability to identify, report and replace worn parts and seals during visual inspection
• Ability to communicate and liaise with Design and Engineering teams
• Flexibility and good attitude to work
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of safe working practices; specialist training will be provided
• Good background in Engineering, for example completed an apprenticeship, HNC qualification or similar
• Experience working with vacuum systems and an understanding of the good working practices required
• Experience of working in a technical environment
• A logical and analytical approach to problem solving
• Being highly motivated, confident and organised with keen attention to detail
• Ability to absorb technical information quickly and being able to perform occasional tasks whilst under time pressure