Leading engineering consultancy is seeking a proven Supply Chain Manager. My client designs, develops and produces high-performance low-volume products for the automotive sector.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to apply their extensive supply chain management experience and knowledge in a dynamic hands-on manufacturing environment, producing a world class product. This role is key in supporting the ongoing supply of production environment.
Prior experience from a production environment within the automotive sector would be ideal; however this is not essential if from a relevant engineering production environment. Confidence in using ERP systems such as BAAN / SAP or an equivalent would be required.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for liaising with a mature supply chain and the co-ordination of processes to ensure a seamless supply of powertrain products to the customer.
- Manage a complex multi-commodity global supply chain spanning niche volumes through to multi-national automotive conglomerates
- Recruit, manage and develop the supply chain team, including planning, warehouse, logistics and inspection
- Lead and deliver supply chain cost saving initiatives, including re-sourcing where necessary
- Liaise closely with the customer on their demand schedules and flow these through supply chain
- Manage and develop the organizations demand planning system
- Manage the stock levels of the operation to within budget and continue to achieve excellence in annual stock-take performance
- Lead purchase contract negotiations to maximize component cost control and savings
- Manage the supply of aftermarket parts to a third party provider
- Ensure continuity of supply to the end customer at all times
- Work collaboratively with wider SCM/Procurement functions to strive for standardisation of supply chain processes to achieve a ‘best in class’ and consistent way of working across the group