Reporting directly to the MD, this new position will be responsible for establishing strong relationships with suppliers in order to develop a robust Supply Chain, providing the best and most appropriate purchasing opportunities for the build of Engineering samples and new supply chain routes.
This position will include frequent national and international travel, primarily to China and Europe.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• Proactively liaise with all internal departments in order to plan commercial and procurement activity
• Develop and maintain relationships with Supply Chain partners for all parts and equipment to support the company’s R&D prototype development activity in Europe
• Manage and oversee all UK/EU procurement and sourcing activities, carrying out due diligence and negotiation with key suppliers for all significant purchasing commitments and supporting new supplier selection, as necessary with particular emphasis around long lead and quality critical elements
• Oversee internal purchasing process ensuring Purchase Requisitions are completed and Purchase Orders generated in line with the ERP system, liaising with suppliers as necessary to ensure timely resolution of invoice queries
• Develop relationships and partnerships with new suppliers whose technology/process etc. will provide material improvements to the clients products
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
• Significant experience in high and low volume manufacturing, including procurement, logistics, production planning and quality control
• Expertise in MRP, material and production planning, knowledge of ERP systems eg. Syspro, Symix, Manman & SAP
• Qualified Internal Quality Auditor to ISO2001 & TS16949
• Knowledge and understanding of LEAN tools, KANBAN, KAIZEN, Value Stream Mapping, KPI’S, Rough Cut Capacity Planning
• Knowledge of electromagnetic and/or power electronics components would be an advantage.
• Discretionary Bonus - Up to 15%
• Life Assurance
• Pension Scheme
• Private Healthcare
• Share Options
• Learning & Development
• Relocation allowance